Company incorporation - Belize
Belize IBCs - Features and Advantages
The IBC Act was introduced in 1990 to implement competitive offshore legislation for Belize IBC's which was subsequently amended to reflect the changes required to provide efficient Belize offshore services.
Taxation in Belize on IBC Profits
According to the IBC Act of 1990, offshore companies are exempted from all taxes and stamp duties.
Efficient Incorporation / Registration
Belize incorporation is very efficient under normal circumstances, a Belize IBC can be incorporated in 2-3 working days.
Flexibility in company structure
There is no requirement for a secretary resident or otherwise and only one director or shareholder required for the company formation. Shareholder(s) and director(s) may be the same person/s and may be natural persons or legal entities. There is no requirement for appointing local shareholder(s) and director(s).
Privacy of identity of principals
The documents for Belize offshore establishments do not carry the name or identity of any shareholder or director. The names or identities of these persons do not appear in any public record.
Shareholder(s) and/or director(s) nominee services are allowed to ensure confidentiality.
Shares and capital requirements
The register of the shares of Belize corporations may be kept up to date anywhere in the world as per directors' decision and make it available for inspection by the shareholders; Shares can be issued with or without par value and in any recognizable currency; they may be paid up in cash or through the transfer of other assets or for other consideration. The standard share capital is USD 50,000 or an equivalent in another recognizable currency.
The minimum paid in and issued capital may be one share which is fully paid. Meetings of shareholder(s) and director(s) There is no requirement for meetings of shareholder(s) and/or director(s). If however, shareholder(s) and/or director(s) desire to hold meetings these may be held by telephone or by any other electronic means of communication providing that all participants can clearly hear each other. Meetings in person, if judged, necessary can be held anywhere in the world.
Maintain company books and records in Belize
IBC records and accounts do not have to be held or filed with the authorities. If the shareholders, directors or officers decide to maintain such records or accounts, these may be held anywhere in the world.
Annual financial statements and other records
There is no requirement for any financial statements, accounts or records to be kept for a Belize IBC.If judged necessary by the director(s) or shareholder(s) these records may be held anywhere in the world.
Doing business with Belizean companies and residents
Belize IBC is restricted from doing business with Belizean residents or Belize corporations except where:
- It makes or maintains professional contact with solicitors, barristers, accountants, bookkeepers, trust companies, management or secretarial companies, investment advisors, or other similar persons or entities carrying on business within Belize.
- It prepares or maintains books and records within Belize (if it decides to keep such books and records).
- It holds within Belize, meetings of its directors or members (if it so desires).
- It holds a lease on property for use as an office from which to communicate with members or where books and records of the company are prepared or maintained (if so decided).
- It holds debts obligations, shares or other securities in a Belize IBC or any other locally incorporated Belizean corporation.
- Shares, debt obligations or other securities; in the company are owned by any person resident in Belize or by any Belizean IBC or any other locally incorporated company.
Business activities outside Belize
There are no restrictions for Belizean IBCs to carry on any legitimate business and investment activity whatsoever, with the exception of bank, insurance or trust businesses which require a special license.
Belize has the main package which provides all the essentials required to set-up a Belizean company. Belize also offers a package which includes nominee director services with a general Power of Attorney for those seeking a higher level of personal privacy. Various offshore banking and other additional (optional) services are also available for companies registered in Belize if required.
Our Main Package for an offshore company includes:
- First year government filing fees
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Letter of appointment of first director
- Nominee shareholder (if required)
- Declaration of Trust from the nominee shareholder (if required)
- Minutes of the first meeting of the founders
- Share Certificates
- Register of shareholders
- Register of directors
- Registered agent services, (first year)
- Registered office, (first year)
- Apostille set of the incorporation documents
- International express delivery
Investment in Greece
- New Investment Incentives Law
- Law 4072/2012 titled “Improvement of the business environment- New corporate form- Trade Marks- Realtors- Regulating maritime, port and fishing matters and other provisions” Government Gazette (A 86/11.04.2012)
- Company Incorporation - Greece
- Setting up a branch of a foreign company in Greece
- S.A company
- Limited liability company
- Private company (ΙΚΕ)
- Limited partnership (O.E.)
- General partnership (E.E.)
- Incorporation - other EU countries
- Incorporation - other jurisdictions
- "Out-of-the-shelf companies"
- Offshore Companies and Trusts
- Countries - Signatories of the Hague Convention
- New vs Existing Entities in Greece